Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dream

I had a weird dream last night.

I was at home by myself on a Sunday afternoon, and the doorbell rang. I answered the door and there were two women there, who said that they were house cleaners, and asked if they could come in to talk about their services. (I was very surprised, looking over their shoulders, to see that they had backed their van right up to the front door, so that the back tires were right up on the porch steps, instead of parking it in the driveway like a decent person would.)

I knew it was a bad idea to let them in, because they were just going to try and sell me something, but for some reason I decided to let them in anyway. I don't know why. I didn't know why in the dream either; I just did it.

But when I let them in, instead of trying to sell me on their services, they just barged right into my basement, and started looking at things, and figuring out what stuff I had that was valuable, and what wasn't.

At this point, I realized that they weren't trying to sell me anything at all - they were here to rob me! So I was like "Hey!" and they were like "yeah yeah, get out of here." Which I thought was pretty stupid, because the first thing I did was go upstairs and call the police, to let them know that I was in the process of being robbed. (I was pretty surprised that they didn't try to tie me up or something, to prevent me from doing this...)

So the cops sent over somebody, and it turned out to be somebody I knew. (It was, in fact, a real person, that I used to work with at a previous company, not a made-up dream person. Don't ask me why I was dreaming about her, because I barely even knew her...) I saw that she wasn't wearing a uniform, and I asked her "what, they couldn't even send over someone who's on duty?" But she flashed me a silver ring that she was wearing, and apparently this means that she's on duty, but under cover. (In the dream, for some reason, this made sense...)

But as soon as the two women heard me calling the police, they immediately got out brooms, and started cleaning the house, so that when the police got there, they could say "What? Robbers? Not us! We're just house cleaners!" But I thought that this was pretty flimsy, so I wasn't worried about it coming down to my word vs. theirs. I knew the police would believe me that they were trying to rob me.

I don't remember anything about the dream after this; I seem to recall that I might have asked the cop in for something to eat, but I might just be misremembering it.

I do remember, though, thinking "oh, so that's why they backed the van up to the house like that... So they could more easily load my stuff into it!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha funky dream. K, so i've been thinking a looong time about this, and I've come to a conclusion. I can't accept the fact that its pronounced "sairna fairna" I JUST CANT..I've been thinking for so long that its said as "serna ferna" and everytime I say it the right way it sounds weird. So for my sake, im pronouncing it as serna ferna. There, im at peace now.

David Hunter said...

Too bad! It's sairna fairna, and that's all there is to it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

ya....well......i....too bad thats how im gonna say it and I have freedom of speech so u cant stop me *sticks out tongue* NAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!