Monday, June 27, 2005

An old friend

I saw an old friend on MSN Messenger yesterday, whom I haven't talked to since March - and at the time, the news wasn't happy. So I was overjoyed to see her again, and get a chance to talk with her and catch up.

And then, probably not even five minutes into the conversation, I had to abandon her, so I didn't even get a chance to see how she's doing these days.

Strangely enough, it was one of the few conversations I've ever had where I spent the whole time talking about myself. Usually, in conversations with people that I haven't seen in a while, I spend the whole time talking about the other person, and my only comments about myself are along the lines of "I'm doing fine. Nothing really new going on." (Even when something new is going on. I've had entire conversations with people, logged off my computer, and then thought "oh yeah! I should have told them that I wrote a book!" or "oh yeah! I should have told them that I got engaged!" or (later on) "oh yeah! I should have told them that I got married!" etc. etc.)

I hope I get to see her again soon, because I miss talking to her. (I also miss living vicariously through her, because she's younger than me and has more fun of a life, but for all I know her life might be getting as boring as mine, so I'm not counting on the "living vicariously" part...)

2 comments:

David Hunter said...

"[H]as more fun of a life"?!? Jeez, even if that is grammatically correct, it's pretty awkward.

Oh well, too late now. I've already clicked Publish...

David Hunter said...

It was just pointed out to me that I also wrote "sumetimes", in this post.

I'm so stupid, sumetimes...