Tuesday, August 09, 2005

[One of] My Book[s]

So I sent a query letter to a Christian publishing company yesterday, about my Christian book, and I was fully expecting to wait three or six months before hearing back, because that’s usual for a publishing company. But they got back to me in two hours!

Unfortunately, they got back to let me know that they’ve gone through “significant changes” over the last two years, which means that they’re not accepting new books. Which is unfortunate, because I don’t know how many Canadian Christian publishing companies there are. I did a quick search this morning, and found another one, but they don’t exactly have the same dedication to the Word of God that the previous press did:

Although our primary focus is on Christian and titles of high moral content, we also publish works that contain a balanced quality message in social, political and spiritual matters.

A “balanced quality message”? Jeez. Why not just put “if it feels good do it” right on your website?

“Do you call yourself a Christian? Hey, that’s good enough for us! We’ll publish whatever you want to write, no matter what you say!”

So, needless to say, I’m on a new search for a publisher who is Canadian, Christian, and actually cares about the Word of God. Could be a tall order... Or maybe not. Who knows? When I get some free time, I’ll fire up Google and see what I can find.

0 comments: