Thursday, February 16, 2006

Consider this a comment, rather than a blog entry...

Since I have friends who have set up blogs on Yahoo 360, and I can’t comment on them without joining Yahoo 360, this is my only recourse... hehe

I would like to congratulate a friend on his new job. (He knows who he his.) It sounds like it’s been a long time coming, and I wish him the best.

Also, I would like to mention this, which will be completely out of the blue for most people reading my blog: Blogger also has a “Recover Post” feature, which can be used if you accidentally close the browser window, or get disconnected, or whatnot. But it has the same limitations as Yahoo 360; it may or may not work, it may or may not have all of the text from the post you were editing before you lost the editing window, etc. etc.

From their help file:

Notes:
  • This feature is not guaranteed to work every time you lose a post, but it’s certainly worth a shot.
  • You’ll need to be logged in to the same blog that lost the post, on the same browser and within 30 minutes of losing your post in order for this to work.
  • Only up to about 3k worth of text can be recovered, so parts of longer posts may still be lost. This limit should be enough for most average blog posts, though.
  • Don’t type anything new in the posting form before trying to recover or that new text may overwrite your old cookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since 360 is a Beta version, they were asking for suggestions. I made a suggestion to remove that restriction. Here's hoping they listen.

David Hunter said...

Yeah, I'm hoping too. They're the only "blog" I can think of that has that kind of restriction—although Blogger and MSN Spaces are the only ones I really see on a regular basis, so I guess that's not a very valid statement.