Tuesday, July 11, 2006

One Red Paperclip

I’m being sent all kinds of interesting things, today. If only I wasn’t so busy at work, I could blog them all. But this one I had to share:

I was forwarded a link to One Red Paperclip. I’ll let the blogger describe it in his own words:

My name is Kyle MacDonald and I am making a series of up-trades for bigger or better things up to my goal of a house. I started with one red paperclip on July 12th, 2005. You can read stories about each trade by clicking on the pictures to the left. I’d suggest starting here. You can make offers for my current object here:oneredpaperclip@gmail.com I will travel ANYWHERE for the right offer - including Yahk, British Columbia, Canada.
To make a long story short, in fourteen trades, he managed to get a house. I’m too busy to read through the whole blog, to find out how long it took him, but I’m amazed nonetheless.

In case you’re too busy to read the blog, too, here are the items he went through:
  • his original red paperclip
  • a pen
  • a doorknob
  • a coleman stove
  • a generator
  • an “instant party”—as I said, I haven’t read through the blog, so I don’t know what an “instant party” is
  • a skidoo
  • a trip to Yahk, British Columbia
  • a cube van
  • a recording contract
  • a year in Phoenix
  • an afternoon with Alice Cooper
  • a Kiss snow globe
  • a movie role
  • a house
Unbelievable. We live in a strange world.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "instant party" consisted of a beer keg, a neon Budweiser sign, and an IOU for a keg's worth of beer. In other words... an instant party!