Friday, January 05, 2007

Wasted time

Allow me to take a minute to explain how I can, in the middle of the day, take the time to write a long post like the last one, when most peoples’ blog posts don’t get that long even on a non-working day. How do I find the time?

It’s simple:

  • serna’s RAM
  • by sernaferna
  • with help from: serna’s colleague
  • INT: the office cafeteria, around 9:30AM
  • serna waits in line at Tim’s, for a coffee
  • serna’s colleauge
  • Hey! Remember that extra RAM I promised you for your new laptop? And the installation CD you need, for that extra software? I’ve got it at my desk! I’ll drop it by soon!
  • serna
  • Excellent! I’ll be waiting at my desk, since I can’t do much until I get that memory.
  • time passes
  • serna decides he can’t wait any longer, he needs to grab some lunch. He changes his screensaver, to a message that says “Be Right Back”, and leaves his desk for 5 minutes. Because…
  • serna
  • Surely he’ll be here any minute, right?
  • time passes
  • In order to pass the time, serna begins crafting a blog post, about the fact that he’d like to upgrade his Blogger account, but isn’t quite ready to do so.
  • serna
  • I’m sure I won’t be able to finish it, but at least it’s something to do, while I wait for my colleague to arrive.
  • to serna’s surprise, he actually finishes the post. And posts it. And begins another one.
And that, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, is how I sometimes get so much time to craft blog posts. Because I spend much of my time waiting on other people.

In fact, if he doesn’t get back to me soon, I’ll probably even start on a third one. I wonder what it will be about…

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew, the mystery is solved! Thank goodness. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight!